The Good Man Project is offers reflection material for men who are looking for more.
It is prepared by Peter Shakhovskoy, a member of the menALIVE team.
This is a work in progress, and more topics will be added each month.
The Good Man Project is a way to get connected with:
1. MY TIME
- Who is in control what time do I have to spend on growing?
- The urgent Vs the important "I am too busy"/a major challenge for men
- Why Pray, Learning to pray
- Learning to read the Scriptures
- Learning the Son of Man — Jesus
- Discernment/hearing the voice of God
- The Journey of a Man — a Spiritual and a practical map
- My history my story
- The shadow self/fear/grief/the Father Wound
- Sexuality and Intimacy/loneliness
- Christian character/growing in the image of Christ.
4. OTHER MEN
- Why this is important — finding a circle of men to trust and walk with
- Small group skills and leadership
- Learning to share/build relationships/the place of relationships with women
5. MY DESTINY AND CALLING
- Finding and nurturing your Destiny and Calling
6. MY WIFE
- The male/female adventure
- Developing intimacy in Marriage
- Having a sustainable and growing relationship
- Developing strength and balance in this relationship
- Parenting together
7. MY CHILDREN
- What is the job of a father Spending time and what to do
- Stages of parenting/children’s development
- Teenagers and contemporary society
8. MY JOB
9. MY TRADITION
- Understanding the essentials
- Understanding the current crisis/age
- What is the Kingdom?
- Finding a job in the Kingdom and the Church